Understanding Facial Aging Atlanta
Our faces go through a number of changes as we age. We lose elasticity in our skin and start to develop wrinkles, sagging skin, crow’s feet, and more. These changes can make us look more tired and worn out than we actually are.
No one can stop the aging process. However, just because you are growing older doesn’t mean you have to resign yourself to looking tired, haggard, or less attractive. Wrinkles and facial folds can compromise your appearance and hide your true personality. They can even impact the way you interact with people at work, home, and anywhere else you spend your free time.
With the right procedure, you’ll never have to worry about your appearance again, and you’ll be filled with the confidence that you deserve to have. At Marietta Plastic Surgery, we can help you recapture a more youthful look that better reflects who you are.
Our Atlanta cosmetic surgeons are highly experienced in helping each individual patient achieve the best possible results from facial rejuvenation. Call us today at (770) 425-0118 for our Marietta office, or (678) 494-2380 for our Woodstock office.
HOW AGE CHANGES YOUR FACE
Your facial skin begins to change in a few different ways as you grow older. The harsh effects of aging can appear differently in each individual. Over time, the collagen and elastin in your body, which help to maintain your skin’s youthful appearance, will begin to fade away. Some of the most noticeable changes include:
- Loss of elasticity – Your skin becomes drier and thinner, losing its ability to flex and tighten over the structures of your face. This results in wrinkles and a more translucent appearance over time.
- Loss of facial volume – Facial fat atrophies, or reduces, as we age, especially in the cheeks, causing the cheek bones to become less defined.
- Tissue displacement – Loss of elasticity and loss of facial volume, combined with the simple force of gravity, tends to pull the tissues of your face downward, causing hanging skin and fat to develop in your lower face (jowls), brow, and eyelids.
- Muscle conditioning – Over time, your muscles become conditioned to repeat and even anticipate routine contractions, such as smiling, furrowing the brow, squinting, and pursing the lips. This causes permanent lines and folds to appear in the skin. BOTOX® Cosmetic is specially designed to relax these over-conditioned muscles, smoothing out your skin in the process.
- Fat accumulation – Your eyes tend to get puffier, and fat can accumulate in the jowl and neck area. This makes your chin seem “weaker,” and contributes to a loss of definition in the neck.
When you are young, the cells of your skin can quickly rejuvenate on their own, ensuring every cell on the surface is young and new. As you age, however, this natural process slows down, resulting in older cells on the surface of your skin that are more susceptible to damage. Laser skin resurfacing or chemical peels can be used to stimulate your skin’s natural rejuvenation process, restoring newer cells on the surface and creating a more youthful overall appearance. There are a number of other plastic surgery procedures that can be used to rejuvenate your youthful looks as well.
OTHER FACIAL REJUVENATION OPTIONS
There’s no way to reverse time, but you can reverse the aesthetic effects of aging with the right procedure. If you’re not happy with your facial appearance and you want to find a way to get your youthful good looks back, then it’s time to seek out a skilled plastic surgeon to help you achieve the results you desire.
We offer a wide range of treatments and procedures that can help you turn back the clock on your facial appearance, such as:
ARE YOU A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR FACIAL PLASTIC SURGERY?
Wondering if facial plastic surgery is right for you? There are a variety of factors that can help you determine if undergoing a facial plastic surgery procedure is the best option. It will be a good fit for you if:
- You’re experiencing early signs of aging that make you look older than you are.
- Your face appears tired and haggard.
- Your skin has begun to lose its elasticity.
- You have realistic expectations about your end results.
- You’re in good physical health.
- You’re not happy about your facial appearance and want to recapture your youthful looks.
Each procedure provides specific benefits, and we can help you understand which option is best suited for your needs. It’s important to remember that there’s no one-size-fits-all solution. If you have further questions about treating facial aging, please contact Marietta Plastic Surgery today to schedule a consultation with one of our board-certified Atlanta plastic surgeons. Call (770) 425-0118 for our Marietta GA office, or (678) 494-2380 for our Woodstock GA office.