Laser Treatment Options Atlanta
Laser treatments offer exceptional results without the need for surgery. Various types of laser energy are utilized to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and folds, manage skin conditions like acne and rosacea, and eliminate stretch marks, age spots, and damaged skin.
Our diverse array of laser treatments can provide customized aesthetic care for individuals who are apprehensive about undergoing surgery, unable to take the time off required for the recovery period, or not in need of the more dramatic results that surgery provides.
At Marietta Plastic Surgery, we believe that it’s important you get the treatment or procedure best suited to you and your cosmetic goals. That’s why we offer five different laser treatment options to ensure that no matter what laser treatment you are seeking, we will have a laser that can give you the best possible results.
This page gives a basic summary of the lasers we utilize, the technology behind them, and the skin conditions and issues these treatments are good for. This information cannot give you a personalized recommendation for your skin care and cosmetic goals. There are a wide variety of factors that must be accounted for when determining what the best treatment for your skin is. These include your skin type, skin color, skin texture, and skin health.
If you want to get a doctor’s recommendation on the right treatment for you, please contact Atlanta plastic surgeons at Marietta Plastic Surgery today to schedule a consultation.
Gentlelase is a 755nm alexandrite laser. It has a wide field of treatment, allowing for faster treatment using fewer laser pulses. We use this laser for:
- Hair removal (Preferred for skin types I-IV, since it is faster than the Vantage. Can treat redheads and blondes, but for best results avoid sun exposure prior to treatment.)
- Removal of pigmented lesions on skin types I-III
- Wrinkle reduction–stimulates collagen production in treated areas
- Reducing the appearance of age spots and freckles
- Treating melasma
Vantage is a 1064nm Nd: YAG laser coupled with surface cooling to help ensure your comfort during treatment. This treatment has been FDA-approved for all skin types, and the treatment area size can be adjusted to treat large and small areas. We prefer this laser for:
- Hair removal on all skin types I-VI
- Removal of vascular lesions on skin types I-IV, including enlarged blood vessels near the surface
- Wrinkle reduction–stimulates collagen production
Profile is a 2940nm erbium laser. We prefer this laser for:
- Microlaserpeel- provides reduction of acne, wrinkles, and other signs of aging on skin types I-III
- Skin resurfacing- can provide more dramatic improvement of the signs of aging, but requires treatment by one of our surgeons and does have some associated downtime
- Skin tightening
- Reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Improving skin tone
- Eliminating age spots
- Treating acne
Vbeam is a 595nm laser that can be used to treat many different conditions. The device offers a wide treatment area that can be adjusted to easily treat small and large areas on the body. It is best suited to treating:
- Vascular lesions on the face and body (including venous lake, angiomas) and spider veins on the legs
- Red stretch marks
- Acne Scars
- Pigmented lesions
- Wrinkle reduction
The Vbeam can also be used in photodynamic therapy.
FRAXEL re:store is a dual-laser that includes an erbium 1550 nm laser and a thulium fiber 1927 nm laser. This treatment is ideal for patients with sensitive skin or those who prefer a less aggressive treatment with a shorter downtime. This treatment can be performed on the face, neck, hands, chest, and arms. It is ideally suited to treating:
- Acne scars
- Surgical scars
- Age and sun spots
- Fine lines and wrinkles
It also offers a variety of other applications.
FINDING THE RIGHT LASER FOR YOU
The best way to learn which laser will work best for you is by scheduling a consultation. Your consultation will include a thorough evaluation of your skin and skin conditions in order to properly assess the extent of your skin issues.
Your cosmetic goals will also be discussed so that we can fully understand what you are trying to accomplish, helping us to make personalized recommendations for your treatment. This may include using more than one laser to get you the results you desire, or we may recommend that you undergo a series of laser treatments until your desired aesthetic results are achieved.
To learn more about laser treatments, please contact us today to schedule a consultation at our Marietta or Woodstock office, serving patients from throughout the Atlanta region.