Laser Treatment Options Atlanta
At Marietta Plastic Surgery, we believe that it's important you get the treatment or procedure best suited to you and your cosmetic goals. That's why we offer five different laser treatment options to ensure that no matter what laser treatment you are seeking, we will have a laser that can give you the best possible results.
This page gives a basic summary of the lasers we utilize and the treatments they are good for, but it cannot give a personalized recommendation for your skin and cosmetic goals. If you want to get a doctor's recommendation on the right treatment for you, please contact Atlanta plastic surgeons at Marietta Plastic Surgery today to schedule a consultation.
Gentlelase is a 755nm alexandrite laser. It has a wide field of treatment, allowing for faster treatment using fewer laser pulses. We use this laser for:
- Hair removal (Preferred for skin types I-IV, since it is faster than the Vantage. Can treat redheads and blondes, but for best results avoid sun exposure prior to treatment.)
- Removal of pigmented lesions on skin types I-III
- Wrinkle reduction–stimulates collagen production in treated areas
Vantage is a 1064nm Nd: YAG laser coupled with surface cooling to help ensure your comfort during treatment. We prefer this laser for:
- Hair removal on all skin types I-VI
- Removal of vascular lesions on skin types I-IV, including enlarged blood vessels near the surface
- Wrinkle reduction–stimulates collagen production
Profile is a 2940nm erbium laser. We prefer this laser for:
- Microlaserpeel provides reduction of acne, wrinkles, and other signs of aging on skin types I-III
- Skin resurfacing can provide more dramatic improvement of the signs of aging, but requires treatment by one of our surgeons and does have some associated downtime
Vbeam is a 595nm laser that can be used to treat many different conditions, but which is best suited to treating
- Vascular lesions on the face and body (including venous lake, angiomas) and spider veins on the legs
- Red stretch marks
- Wrinkle reduction
The Vbeam can also be used in photodynamic therapy.
FRAXEL re:store is a dual-laser that includes an erbium 1550 nm laser and a thulium fiber 1927 nm laser. It is ideally suited to treating:
- Acne scars
- Surgical scars
- Age and sun spots
- Fine lines and wrinkles
As well as many other applications.
Finding the Right Laser for You
The best way to learn which laser will work best for you is by scheduling a consultation that will include an evaluation of your skin and your cosmetic goals to make personalized recommendations for your treatment. This may include using more than one laser to get you the results you desire.
To learn more about laser treatments, please contact us today to schedule a consultation at our Marietta or Woodstock office, serving patients from throughout the Atlanta region.