A breast lift, also known as a mastopexy, is a surgical procedure that reshapes and uplifts the breasts. This surgery imparts the breasts with a more youthful appearance to counter the effects of aging or changes in breast shape due to pregnancy, breastfeeding, or weight fluctuations. A breast lift surgery can also be done to reduce the areola size that can increase with time.
The Ideal Candidate
A breast lift surgery may be ideal for potential patients who meet the following criteria:
• You need to be in good physical health for the breast lift procedure to work properly. Your doctor may not agree to do the surgery if you are recovering from an illness. In such cases, your doctor may perform the surgery after you are well.
• Your doctor may advise you to wait until you are done with pregnancy and breastfeeding. Pregnancy and breastfeeding affect the breast size considerably. Many women experience a change in their breast shape once they have stopped nursing their child or after a few years of childbirth.
• If you have breasts that are sagging or have lost their natural shape to a significant extent, a mastopexy may help you a great deal. Your doctor may examine your breasts for all the problems that can be corrected with mastopexy, such as nipples pointing downward, stretched breast skin, altered breast shape, or difference between both breasts in terms of firmness.
Benefits of the Surgery
A breast lift surgery offers a number of benefits to women with sagging breasts:
• Mastopexy can improve a breast’s natural shape. It can make breasts firmer and also improve the shape of sagging breasts. With a breast lift surgery, it is possible for women to have breasts that look beautiful and have a youthful appearance. Also, some women are born with drooping breasts. A breast lift surgery is a great option for them to have firmer breasts.
• A breast lift surgery gives women a way to have youthful breasts again after a pregnancy. Both pregnancy and breastfeeding can affect the natural shape of the breasts. Women can say goodbye to drooping breasts with a mastopexy.
• A breast lift surgery is useful for women who have sagging breasts due to dramatic weight loss. When the body loses a significant amount of weight, especially over a small period of time, the breasts can lose their natural shape. It can happen due to loss of fatty tissues from the breasts and the body in general.
Deciding on the Surgery
You can always consult with a plastic surgeon about your needs for cosmetic breast surgery. For instance, if you are looking for a boost in size along with a reduction in sag, a breast lift can be combined with a breast augmentation procedure.
Discuss any concerns you may have with your doctor so that you can opt for the surgery for your sagging breasts without worry. To get started, contact our office today and arrange a consultation at Marietta Plastic Surgery.