When preparing for your tummy tuck procedure, you will first meet with one of our experienced Atlanta plastic surgeons for a consultation. We will provide you with a full list of pre-operative instructions that you should follow before the day of your surgery. Below are a few tips that will help you prepare for your tummy tuck procedure:
- Prepare your house before surgery – A tummy tuck is major surgery. Make sure your house will be a comforting environment to recover in and that you have help available when you need it.
- Take time off – You'll want to spend at least the first week, possibly two weeks, focusing on your recovery, not your job. Make sure you have adequate time to let your body heal.
- Arrange for child care – For the first two weeks, you won't feel like performing all the daily tasks required of motherhood, and you shouldn't. You should take the time you need for recovery.
- Follow a good nutrition plan – It's essential for your general health and your recovery that you eat well before and after your tummy tuck surgery.
- Stop smoking – Smoking inhibits proper blood flow and can slow your recovery and increase your risk for complications.
If you are prepared for your tummy tuck consultation with one of our experience Atlanta plastic surgeons, please contact Marietta Plastic Surgery today. Call 770-425-0118 for our Marietta office or 678-494-2380 for our Woodstock location.