Losing significant weight is not only extremely challenging but also causes aesthetic issues. Once the weight loss goal is achieved, the patient is left with loose muscles and excess skin all over the body. Most of the time, the loose muscles and excess skin will not improve, if left untreated. We understand this very well here at Marietta Plastic Surgery, so we offer a full body lift procedure to help patients achieve their aesthetic goals.
Understanding the Full Body Lift
A full body lift, alternatively known as a total body lift or body contouring surgery, is a multifaceted cosmetic procedure strategically designed to address the consequence of massive weight loss. Its primary goal is to rectify sagging skin and loose muscle tissues to make the body more toned and rejuvenated.
Common Procedures in a Full Body Lift Procedure
A full body lift procedure involves different body procedures designed to target specific areas of the body that need body contouring. Marietta plastic surgeons will carefully design a full body lift procedure by selecting cosmetic techniques appropriate for the concerned areas of the patient.
Sometimes, a full body lift will focus on the lower body and will only include the procedures that can address these areas. Nonetheless, there are common procedures that can be included in a full body lift.
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) – The abdominal region is among the leading areas of the body that can store massive amounts of fat. Therefore, it is also the primary area that will have loose skin and muscle tissues after successful weight loss. A tummy tuck is included in a full body lift to address excess skin and loose abdominal muscles.
- Arm Lift – The arms will also leave noticeable sagging skin after weight loss. An arm lift can result in firmer and more toned arms by addressing the excess fat and loose skin.
- Breast Lift – Since the breasts contain a lot of body fat, the breast area can be impacted by weight loss leaving the breasts sagging. A breast lift can improve the shape and create firmer and tighter breasts.
- Buttock Lift – A buttock lift can enhance the shape and firmness of the buttocks by removing excess skin and unwanted fat.
- Thigh Lift – Both the inner and outer thighs will be affected after weight loss. Therefore, a full body lift in Marietta Plastic Surgery usually includes both an inner thigh lift and an outer thigh lift for complete body contouring.
Recovering From a Body Lift
As a major cosmetic surgery, the recovery period is just as pivotal as the actual procedure. The patient will be given comprehensive recovery instructions that can address potential side effects of the surgery and boost the healing process.
- Immediate Recovery – After total body lift surgery, the patient will often experience bruising, swelling, and discomfort in the areas involved with the procedure. These can be alleviated through prescribed medications and proper care.
- 1 – 2 Weeks – This period will require the patient to rest to promote healing. In addition, only light activities can be performed gradually. The side effects of the surgery will also peak during this period and will gradually fade over time.
- 4 – 6 Weeks – Although most patients can resume normal activities, the patient still needs to follow post-op instructions as the body continues to heal.
- Long-Term – It will take several months before the patient is fully healed from the surgery. It is recommended to follow a healthy lifestyle with proper diet and regular exercise to maintain the results of a full body lift.
Body Lift Results
Once the patient has fully healed, the results of the full body lift procedure will be completely visible. The patient can achieve the ideal body contour with tight skin and firm muscle tissues. This can help boost self-esteem and elevate overall quality of life.
Take the Next Step
If you are interested in learning more about the full body lift procedure in Atlanta, come to the body contouring experts, Marietta Plastic Surgery. Our team of cosmetic surgeons and staff is committed to providing safe and quality cosmetic surgery to assist in achieving your aesthetic goals. Talk to us today!