You may have heard about the increasing popularity of fat grafting–body contouring using nothing but your own fat. Fat grafting takes fat from places you don't want it and puts it where you do, and has the potential to give permanent results. So now your next question is, naturally: Am I a candidate?
The ideal candidate for fat grafting:
- Is in good general health
- Is a non-smoker, or is willing to quit smoking for an extended period before and after the procedure
- Is at a healthy, stable weight
- Has a suitable donor region (an unwanted bulge from which fat can be taken)
- Has realistic expectations
Fat grafting includes liposuction, so you should look at information about that procedure for more information about health requirements and concerns.
This general information gives you a good start, but the only way to really know if you are a candidate for this exciting body contouring procedure is to talk to a surgeon. Please contact Marietta Plastic Surgery to schedule a consultation at either of our Atlanta area locations.