Plastic Surgery For Men Atlanta
All of us have goals for our appearance – not just women. Over the past few years, more and more men have turned to plastic surgery to look younger, feel better, and even aid in their careers. Of the 1.5 million individuals who sought a plastic surgery procedure in 2010, more than 200,000 of them were male.
Many of the same surgical procedures that are performed on women – such as liposuction, tummy tucks, and facelifts – can be also performed on men. However, since the composition of a man’s body is so different from a woman’s, the goal of surgery may also be quite different.
If you are male, your body tends to store fat in different areas than a woman, and signs of aging will show themselves in distinct ways. Our board-certified Atlanta plastic surgeons at Marietta Plastic Surgery are specially-trained in tailoring procedures to fit the specific needs of the male body. We will approach your individual goals with personal attention and help you make an informed decision about the procedure that is right for you.
Types of Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
Male plastic surgery procedures are as varied as those available to women. You may be interested in rhinoplasty to improve the shape of your nose, or you may be considering a breast reduction to eliminate gynecomastia.
Some other popular plastic surgery procedures among men include:
- Liposuction– An excellent choice for getting rid of excess fat all around the body. Liposuction can be performed to create more toned-looking arms and thighs, as well as a flatter and more defined mid-section. It can also be used to create a flatter and more masculine-looking chest.
- Facelift– The perfect option for restoring the youthful appearance of your face. A facelift can get rid of the lines and folds that are making your face look worn and aged.
- Otoplasty (ear surgery) – An ideal choice if you feel like the shape, size, or degree of projection your ears have is diminishing the handsomeness of your overall appearance.
- Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) – Can be performed to restore the youthful and attractive appearance of your eyes if you have sagging upper eyelids or puffy bags under your eyes. Your eyelids are an incredibly important aspect of your overall appearance.
Whatever kind of procedure you are considering, our plastic surgeons can help you achieve a better-defined, more youthful look to enhance both your appearance and your lifestyle.
Non-Surgical Procedures Requested by Men
Minimally-invasive cosmetic procedures are growing in popularity among both men and women. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons†, over 900,000 non-surgical procedures were performed on men in 2010, including:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic – Cosmetic injectable that can be used to reduce the appearance of a variety of aesthetic facial issues. Fine lines around the eyes and brow wrinkles can be easily treated with Botox injections.
- Laser hair removal – Perfect for men who are tired of having to constantly shave, fed up with razor burn, or simply don’t have the time to spend on maintaining their body hair. Can be used on large areas like the chest, as well as on smaller areas like the face.
- Soft tissue fillers – Injectable products designed to reduce the appearance of moderate facial folds, line, and wrinkles by adding subtle amounts of volume under the skin.
- Microdermabrasian – An excellent choice for getting rid of dead and damaged skin cells that are robbing your face of its youthful and handsome appearance.
If you have a busy lifestyle, these procedures may be especially convenient because they only take a small amount of time to perform. You can easily fit in your injections or microdermabrasion treatment during your lunch time. The procedures are also much less intense when compared to surgical options and require significantly less downtime from work and a faster healing process.
If you are considering any type of male cosmetic surgery procedure in Atlanta, Marietta, or Woodstock, Georgia, our experienced plastic surgeons can answer all of your questions. Please contact us today to schedule a consultation.