Breast asymmetry is very common, and most women experience this condition to some degree. In most cases, breast asymmetry is very minor and doesn’t impact the appearance of your breasts in a significant way. But for some women breast asymmetry is more severe, leading to self-consciousness or embarrassment when wearing workout clothes, bikinis, and during steamy nights in the bedroom.
Fortunately, you don’t have to live with severe breast asymmetry any longer. At Marietta Plastic Surgery, we can perform breast surgery to correct this condition so that you can feel more confident about your appearance.
There are many factors which may lead to developing asymmetrical breasts, including:
- Uneven breast development during adolescence and young adulthood
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Uneven shrinkage due to aging or a medical condition
- Significant weight gain or loss
- Breast infection (mastitis)
- Mastectomy or lumpectomy to treat breast cancer
- A poor outcome in a previous breast augmentation procedure
Depending on your unique situation and aesthetic goals, our Atlanta plastic surgeons may recommend one of the following solutions to correct your breast asymmetry:
- Breast augmentation – depending on the extent of your asymmetry, breast implants may be placed in one or both breasts
- Breast reduction in the larger breast – depending on the extent of your asymmetry, this may also be accompanied by breast augmentation in the smaller breast
- Breast lift – this may be performed in conjunction with breast augmentation to achieve the best possible results
During your initial consultation, our plastic surgeons will review these options with you in detail and recommend the ideal course of action to achieve your goals.
Please contact Marietta Plastic Surgery today to schedule your initial breast surgery consultation. We serve patients in Atlanta, Marietta, and Woodstock, Georgia.